The platform's import functionality allows you to import a list of participants from your Excel spreadsheet.
You will then be able to communicate with them through an emailing campaign.
The import is done from your back-office > Management tab > General > Import contacts.
To import your file, make sure that :
- The column names are in line 1.
- No line or column is empty or hidden.
- Excel filters on columns are disabled.
- Your file is in .XLS or .XLSX format (Excel extension).
- Your data to be imported is on the first sheet only.
If you are importing into an event that already contains contacts, here is how the import works :
- The platform adds the contacts which mail is not already in the database.
- Update the contacts already in the database (be careful, it is the email that is used to identify a contact, the updates of the imported file will overwrite the old data).
- If you check the box "Replace the current list" the pre-existing list in the platform is definitively deleted in favor of the one you import.
After importing the file, you have 3 possibilities for each field :
- Match the fields in your excel with those present by default in Digitevent (Last name, First name, Email, Phone).
- Import other fields by clicking on "Create a field" and choose the type (text, checkbox, email, image...).
- If you don't need to import a field in Digitevent, just select "do not import" in the correspondence table.
- Beware of duplicates: It is impossible to import different contacts with the same email to avoid any risk of spam (even involuntary) if you use the campaign functionality via Digitevent.
- Before importing a new list, we advise you to export your Digitevent contact data (Back-office > Contacts > Global Excel export).