Pre-requisite : Understand the various emails' status
Deliverability is not an exact science. Each mail-box has its own policy and rules. It is possible to optimize a campaign to encourage the recipient's mailbox to consider the message received favorably.
Two methods can help you optimize deliverability:
- Use all best practices
- Ask for a deliverability audit
- Make sure your recipients are qualified and have authorized access to your mailings.
- Enter a real sender's name (with a first name)
- Create short and unique subject. the goal here is to get as far as possible from a spam template cliché.
- Personalize your mailings with nominative tags (first name, last name, society...)
- The 50 first characters of your mailing are taken into account by your recipients when choosing to open, or not, your message.
- Avoid using words related to agressive advertising (ex: promotion, free, congratulations, save money...)
- Stay simple in your mail's content (avoid using too many images)
- Use a personalized email adress (available with the white label feature)
- Include legal mentions (society name, its adress and a link to future emails unsubscription)
Ask for a deliverability audit
If the majority of your recipients share the same domain name (corporate event for example), we recommend that you put our technical team in contact with the ISD hosting the recipients' email server to make sure no firewall will block your mailings. You can give to your ISD our sending IP 184.108.40.206. The deliverability audit is included in the white label feature. For more information, contact us.
All mail boxes have their own way to read and understand the html of an email, so it is possible to see some differences between the email you received and the email you created.