From your Back-Office > Check-in ap > you can configure your badges.
To connect the printer on the day of the event:
To be done at least 1h before the arrival of the first participant:
Connect your printer to a master tablet:
- Open the printer using the yellow buttons on the sides to check that the label roll is positioned between the two hooks. If so, close the printer.
- Pair 1 tablet per printer (via Tablet settings > Bluetooth > the printer number is displayed in the recognized devices). If other devices are paired to the printer, click on them and then on "dissociate".
- On the paired tablets, open the Digicheck Android application (install it, if not already done. See procedure).
- Enter the code of your event (back-office > Check-in app > 6 characters event code).
- On the tablet, go to the burger menu at the top left, then to the "Live Print" tab and click on your printer number (if it doesn't appear, click on "Can't find your printer?" If it takes a while, press out of the white box and try again).
Connecting your printer to "secondary" tablets/scanners:
- Once your master tablet is connected to the printer, you can connect other tablets or secondary scanners to this same printer. To do so:
- Go to the Digicheck application on the secondary tablets/scanners.
- In the burger menu on the left, go to "live printing".
- If your printer does not appear, click on "you cannot find your printer" and repeat the action until it appears.
Attention: if you use more than one tablet per printer, make sure that these "secondary" tablets are not connected in Bluetooth to the printer.
- 1 printer = 1 master tablet. Once this link is established, any tablet can print from the sign-in interface.
- Never move a master tablet away from the printer to which it is assigned.
- If your Wi-Fi signal is unstable or bad, only print from the master tablets (the others need internet).
- If you want to change the event in the application, go to the menu > Disconnect.
- If the printer does not print:
- In the Digicheck app, go to the menu at the top left and disconnect the assigned printer and then re-select it.
- In the tablet's Bluetooth settings, check that only one printer is paired. Unpair everything and re-pair the correct printer if in doubt.
If printing still does not start, reset the printer: switch off the printer, then press the "Pause" and "Cancel" buttons simultaneously and the device's power button. Press until only the status indicator button (diamond in the square) lights up.